Directions / Map
The overarching framework that informs how we will work together is a family systems approach with an accent on each individual being a powerful catalyst for the changes you most want in your life. My focus as your therapist is to provide you with a safe and confidential space in which you may give voice to your concerns. It is my practice to provide positive regard, respect and an attuned listening for you and the issues you wish to confront.
Having worked with children, adults and their families for 9 years as a teacher in the public school system, 5 years as an educational consultant and nearly 20 years as a therapist in private practice, I bring a good deal of experience to my work as a therapist. It is a joy for me that I continue to have opportunities to support others as they work to amplify their inner strengths and potentials in taking hold of what they most hope for in their lives.
To get a sense of the kinds of work I am equipped to do, you will find below more specifics regarding the education and experience that inform my practice. I invite you to contact me with questions, considerations or to set up a meeting to talk over your particular needs at this time.
Professional Affiliations and Licensure
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Education, University of Washington, Seattle – focus on early childhood development and education
- Master of Arts degree in Education, Seattle Pacific University, Seattle – designed and conducted research on the influence of self-agency in learning
- Post-graduate training and certification in Marriage and Family Therapy, including 2 years intensive clinical training and supervision, COAMFTE Approved MFT Training Program at Presbyterian Counseling Services, Seattle
- Post-graduate training and consultation in Jungian Analytical Psychology, North Pacific Institute for Analytical Psychology (NPIAP), Seminars for Professionals, Seattle
- Post-graduate training, consultation, and certification in Sandplay Therapy and Sandplay Teaching, Sandplay Therapists of America (STA) and the International Society for Sandplay Therapy (ISST), Greater Seattle, California, Georgia and Switzerland
- AAMFT Approved Supervisor Training, Seattle Pacific University, Seattle
- Clinical Fellow, American and Washington Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT and WAMFT)
- Jungian Psychotherapists Association (JPA)
- Northwest Alliance for Psychoanalytic Study (NWAPS)
- Certified Sandplay Therapist and Teacher, (CST-T), Sandplay Therapists of America (STA) and International Society for Sandplay Therapy (ISST)
- Founding member of Northwest Sandplay Therapists (NWST)
- Marriage and Family Therapist, Washington State #LF00000914
- AAMFT Approved Supervisor